16. Major Challenge: Styling Your Institute Website Using CSS
Using the CSS basics we’ve just reviewed, and the list of properties found on the Properties page and online, give your website some styling.
I encourage you to use an external stylesheet with classes and IDs to style particular aspects of your site more specifically, but feel free to also play around with inline and internal styling if desired.
- Change the color and size of your heading text.
- Change the font of your paragraph text.
- Change the background color of your navigation bar or menu.
- Center your image on your page.
- Shape up your navigation bar.
Reminder: After creating a stylesheet, you must link it to all HTML documents that you want this styling to apply to. You can do so with the
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css" />
This will tell your HTML document to apply the style rules from the text file named
style.css in the same folder.